USB device not recognized issues are some of the major issues with mainly windows PC users. Though this might be caused because of different reasons that we’ve found and have definite solutions, but sometimes most solutions that have been verified by most of the users all around the world might not just work for you.
So, I do not guarantee you that the measures that I am about to explain for USB device not recognized windows 7/8 issues are going to work for you. All these methods are hits and trials. But most people have been able to solve their issues with any one of the following mentioned measures.
USB Device Not Recognized Windows 7/8 Solutions
1. Best Method(Acc. To Many User Experiences)
Motherboard is the heart of our whole system. It’s where all the devices like chips, drives, processors and not to mention the USB ports as well are attached and brought into life and communication is made between them. Each time we shut down our PC or Laptops though every hardware shutsdown it is believed that motherboard doesn’t totally shutsdown and next time it is powered on, it picks up from there.
This method has proved to be working for many users, so its believed to be one of the best solutions.
- All you need to do is plug off your PC from the direct power supply. In case of desktops plug off the main power supply and in case of laptops disconnect the battery.
- Keep it plugged of for 10-15 mins and reconnect it.
- If you are lucky enough, your USB Devices should be working fine.
See, these types of errors solely are not the result of any faults in your PC but also different factors like your USB cable, device itself, faulty drivers. There is no any universal method to solve this issue.
2. Basic Solutions:
Lets start with basic solutions, like unplugging the device and plugging it back in. I know you’ve already tried that many times before reading this . Lets break down some basics you might want to do :
- System Restore: You can try restore your PC to earlier stage using the windows system restore tool. This can bring or recover your settings that worked and so your USB ports. This has been helpful for many users so give it a try.
- Restoring Registry: Most of us never create a backup of our registry but if you do, just restore that and see if it works.
- Re-installing drivers: Just remove the drivers or ports from the device manager and re-install all the drivers, if possible download the latest version from their respective download servers.
- Check Your USB Ports and your devices: Just check your ports if they are working fine. Insert another USB device and see if it works, because there might be an issue with your device itself.
- USB 3.0: Some devices need higher power that USB 2.0 cannot provide. Such device should be connected to USB 3.0 ports and should work fine then.
“USB Device Not Recognized” errors are mainly cause due to either power supply issues, driver issues or internal mother board issues. If these measure did not solve your issue, consult a computer repair shop or just re install windows with a windows installation disk.
This is a guide to USB Device Not Recognized Windows 7/8 Solutions, let me know how these worked out for you in the comments below.