Early days, photo editing was very limited to computers only. With mobile phones and apps’ evolution, every one of us wants to take high-quality photos or make so edit for the photos. There are many free and paid photo editing apps from the basic camera to full-featured editing photo app with the latest smartphones. All of these apps allow users to shoot, filter, edit, and organize the images.
Everyone might be searching for the best photo editing apps for iPhone. To narrow down this confusion, we have listed the most popular photo editing apps on the iPhone.
Photo Editing on IOS
A photo editing app is a software program on a mobile/pc. Such apps provide a wide range of features like cropping, adding filters, different effects, and controlling the shutter speed.
It’s a little confusing to choose the best one with many photo editing apps to choose from. Here you will discover the best photo editing app for iPhone.
The iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X/XS, XR, and Max have the best mobile cameras with the best photo editing features. Although the iPhone camera can make taking a quality picture easier, it won’t get the desired effect on the user- that’s where an app comes in.
Top 5 Photo Editing Apps For iPhone 2021
Here we have stated some popular photo editing apps for iPhone.
Snapseed is one of the best iPhone photo editing app with precise control over the colors and exposures. Some features are:
- Black and white, texture filters, and vintage
- Portrait enhancement, lens blur, and vignette
- Various range of editing tools, which are quite easy to use
- Sharpening the images, color, and exposure
- Selective adjustments, healing tool, and brushes
- Double text, frames, and text
- Although it’s considered as user friendly, there is a slight learning process
- The options available are not very intuitive
This app doesn’t save the images automatically.
Snapseed is quite a popular app that is free in cost. This app offers a wide collection of editing tools. All the beginners, as well as the experienced iPhone photographers, can use it easily.
Brushes and selective tools allow you to edit certain parts of your image. The healing tool is excellent for removing objects, whereas the portrait tool creates flawless portrait photos, smooth skin, and sparkling eyes.
Afterlight 2 has a comprehensive set of editing tools and many creative options. This app offers different editing tools like color, exposure, sharpness, and crop. Features are:
- Advanced tools like curves, gradients, selective color
- Blend modes and layers tool for adding text and artwork
- Color, exposure, and sharpening adjustments
- Free filter packs and double-exposure tool for blending images
- Light leak and dust overlays
- Unnecessary features like dust, color shift, double exposure, light don’t work properly in this app
- Lack of frame options
Afterlight 2 is an all-purpose photo editing app that costs $2.99. The advanced tools in this app allow you to fine-tune the colors and tones in your photos. You will get the absolute best results out of your photo.
The available overlays and filters are better for enhancing the mood in your images. Initially, there are the basic set of filters in this app. Later on, you can add more collections of filters for free.
VSCO is an incredible app for photo editing. It is also known as Visco, is the best-known photo filter app for iPhone. Creating beautiful edits with elegant film-like filters is the prominent feature of this app. Some more are:
- Built-in camera app with the advanced manual controls
- Filter strength and many editing tools for cropping, exposure, color, and sharpness
- 130+ filters available via an annual subscription
- A subtle one-tap filter allows users to create the look of a classic film
- No dark mode support
- Most of the filters require a paid account
- No commenting
The different VSCO filter collections allow the users to create the look of classic film in iPhone photos. They add a vintage feel to your images. They have a soft, faded look for beautiful edits.
You can manually adjust the intensity of the filters according to your choice. You can download this app free from the App Store. The yearly cost for accessing the full range of VSCO is $19.99.
TouchRetouch app is mainly used for removing unwanted blemishes and objects from your photo. It is one of the easiest and the most useful apps to use. Features are:
- Remove wires, dust spots, people, and many other objects
- Instantly remove unnecessary objects for a cleaner composition
- Tools like brush and lasso for the accurate object selection
- Done tool for duplicating the objects
- Smooth out the wrinkles and remove blemishes in portrait photos
- It doesn’t work correctly when the background is more complicated
- Requires a lot of patience and right judgment to choose the patterns applicable for blending background
- Unable to correct the lighting of the image
You don’t have to put much effort into editing your photo. You can easily use your fingers to highlight the object you want to remove, the app will automatically replace that selected object with pixels from the area around the selected object.
To create flawless portrait photos, you can use the blemish remover tool, and to remove electricity and telephone cables from the image, you can use the line removal tool.
Adobe Lightroom CC is the most popular photo editing app with advanced editing tools. It gives you a powerful and simple solution for editing your photos.
This app is made with both beginners and advanced users in mind. The best use of this app is for precise fine-tuning of color and exposure with much-advanced editing tools. More features are:
- Perspective correction and selective adjustments
- Set of editing tools that offer a simple user interface
- Curves and color mix as advanced editing tools
- Adobe Creative Cloud syncs your edits between all your iPhone, iPad, computer, and the web
- One tap presents for quick edits
- No blend modes or layers
- Minimal editing options
- Minimal graphic design elements such as making advanced collages or adding text elements
This app is free in cost with a subscription fee for additional features. Although it’s free to download from App Store, you’ll need to pay to access the premium features.
The one-tap filter enhances your images quickly. You can even tweak exposure, detail, and color with simple adjustment sliders. You can use more advanced tools like Curves, Color Mix, and Split Tone offer over your editing.
In the age of social media, the major attraction is just quality pictures. iPhone photo editing apps’ primary aim is to save the time users spend editing their photos on other mobile phones or apps. With the proper edit, iPhone photos look like the images made on a professional DSLR.
Other Photo Editing Articles
- Best Photo Editing Apps For Android
- 5 Best Photo Editing Software For Windows