Is your iPhone touch screen not working on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s plus? Instead of calling the apple care center and getting an appointment arranged, we’ve compiled a list of things that you can do on your own to fix your not working iphone touch screen.
Before you get on with the fixing process, I would recommend that you try to figure out the cause of the faulty not working touch screen.
Other Fix : Is Your iPhone Stuck In Headphone Mode
For example, did you drop your phone on the floor, spilled any kind of liquid on it, you might have been wearing tight jeans which resulted in too much pressure on your phone’s screen. If you have any hint that this is because of any physical damage, you should visit the nearest apple care center.
iPhone Touch Screen Not Working: Solution
Fix 1 : Rebooting Your iPhone
As simple as it may sound, this is the most trusted solution when it comes to an iPhone touch screen not working. Even on the apple’s forum , people have reacted as this to be the solution for their faulty screen.
So how it’s done!!
- Hold down the power button on the top or on the right side and also hold down the home button at the same time.
- Keep pressing it for few seconds, until you see apple’s logo.
- Let the phone reboot normally now.
- After the reboot is successfully finished, your iPhone’s screen should be working fine.
If not, move on to another fix that we’ve found that might work for you.
Fix 2 : Is Your Screen Clean
If you’re screen is partially not functioning properly, you might want to make sure that your hands are clean and you did not get anything stuck on the screen.
As you know how sensitive these screens are, if you touch the screen with a dirty finger, you might mess up the touch system and this might result in partial or complete iPhone touch screen not working. Its not just me who is saying that, apple says that too.
- Remove any case/cover from your iPhone.
- If you have a screen protector, make sure if the protector is intact and has no damage.
- Take a damp cloth and wipe your screen.
- Restart your phone by holding the home button and the power button at the same time.
Fix 3: Resetting Your Settings Or Your iPhone
When it comes to resetting your iPhone, you can either reset your iPhone “settings” or your whole iPhone, i.e. including data and settings.
First I would suggest everyone to reset the iPhone settings and only then look into resetting data. Because it can be bit of pain when it comes to resetting the data too. Well, if you have a backup of your iPhone on your computer, than that is a different story. But if you do not, I would recommend you to at least backup your files on the iCloud before you restore your data.
- Go to settings and open “Reset”.
- You should now see two options.
- “Reset all settings” and “Erase all content and settings”.
- First select Reset all settings and enter you pin code and all other details.
- After that, the phone should restart and your touch screen might start working fine again.
Well, if it still does not work, you can give it another shot but this time selecting the “Erase all content and settings”. Do keep in mind that this will completely reset your iPhone and all the data and information that you had before on your phone will be lost.
So proceed with caution. I highly recommend that you do a proper backup using iTunes or iCloud before resetting everything.
Lousy 3D Touch???
If you’re 3d touch is not responding as you expect it to, you might have to adjust the settings for the 3D touch.
- Go to settings > Genereal.
- Tap on Accessibility > 3D Touch
- And then adjust the sensitivity settings for your 3D touch as you want it to be.
When it comes to iPhone touch screen not working issues, no one can point out the major reason or the solution for this problem. Sometimes a physical damage might be a cause or as we discussed some unknown OS issues that only require a reboot to be fixed.
So, I would recommend that you should try all the fixes that have been discussed above. And also seek professional assistance from the apple care.