Kik’s easy-to-use interface and quick registration process that does not require you to enter your phone number has grabbed 80 million users for itself. Kik allows its user to share voice and text messages including, photos and other media, and we have already posted a tutorial to download KIK messenger on PC. Do check it out. This article aims to educate you on how to delete kik account permanently and also request kik to deactivate your child’s account if that’s what you are looking for.
Kik is very popular and probably targeted towards a younger audience. It allows kids to get access to the social messaging platform without even having to prove to themselves that they are of the right age. I mean the check to pass as an adult is easy to game and probably that’s why you as an adult are reading this article on how to delete a Kik account permanently in 2021.
How To Delete Kik Account Permanently: 2021
Still, if you are not using Kik as your everyday social messenger, you can delete kik account quickly. It is as easy to remove the account as it was to create it in the first place. So, here’s a quick tutorial on how to delete kik account permanently
Deleting Your Kik Messenger Account: 4 Easy Steps
So, now that you want to delete your kik messenger account permanently let’s do it.
Deleting The Account From a PC
To delete a kik account from your PC, do as mentioned below
- Go to: ws.kik.com/delete
- Enter your Kik’s email address in the required field and press the big green “Go” button.
- You shall now receive a mail regarding the deactivation process in your email account.
- Follow, as mentioned in the email, and your kik’s account will be permanently deactivated from kik.
Deleting The Account From a Phone
- To delete your Kik messenger account from your phone, do as mentioned below :
- Open the app on your phone and tap on settings.
- Select “Account.”
- Tap “Reset kik Messenger.”
- Enter the email address you initially used to register Kik.
- You shall now receive further information regarding the deactivation process in your email inbox.
We are glad to inform you that kik has finally started the account deletion process. As of March 20, 2019, you can request kik for a complete deletion of your account, which was not possible until recently.
The only issue that users have is to request kik to permanently delete their account permanently one has to provide an email address that they used to sign up and the username for that account.
If only remember either of this information, you can just email email@example.com and request them to delete the account or deactivate the account.
They will most likely contact you back with further information that is required for the deletion or deactivation of the account.
READ: Can You Access Posts After Deleting Them From Instagram?
How To Request Kik To Delete Your Child’s Account
If you are like any other parent that is worried about their kid’s privacy and online security and don’t want your kid to know about your involvement in this, you can request Kik to delete your child’s Kik account.
There might be a delay in response but you can definitely give it a shot and see what’s the outcome.
– Reach out to Kik firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your situation and concern. Make sure to make it clear on the Subject title of the email too.
– Do not forget to list your child’s KIK username when you contact them. Kik’s customer service representative should get back to you with a form to fill out.
– Fill out the form correctly, submit it, and once deactivated, either KIK or your Kid will let you know that the KIK account was deactivated or deleted :D.
– I don’t remember my Kik Username
Go to the email inbox that you used to create your kik account in the first place. The final course of action will be to try and email Kik’s support, but they have mentioned on their help center page that you will be locked out of the system if you cannot recover your username on your own.
– What If I Deactivate My Kik Account, but login accidentaly?
Kik does not permanently delete your account. You can deactivate the account, which will get you off the Kik(temporarily). It means that if you decide to log back into the account, you can do so with the previous login credentials. And this will reactivate your Kik account.
– How To Use My Email Address To Open New Account
If you want to use the same email address that you are using on the account that you’ve decided to delete or not use anymore, we have some suggestions that are best to go after.
You can try the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the account settings and change the email address to any email you do not use.
- After that, remove all the friends, all your information, photos, and any piece of information that is even remotely associated with you.
- Now deactivate your Kik account permanently by following the procedures explained in the post below.
- If you decide to use the email address again, sign up for a new account with the email address.
- But before you permanently delete or deactivate your Kik account, you have to bear specific facts in mind :
- Your account will be removed permanently, that means all your friends, conversation all will be deleted.
- You cannot register another account with the same username that you’re deactivated.
So, this is how to delete Kik account permanently. Share it with your friends searching for the tutorial. Take Care!!