Facebook desktop version can do lots sorts of things that the mobile application cannot yet perform. The full Facebook site can only be accessed from a desktop browser or a tablet. But what if one wants to open one from a mobile phone browser? Is there any workaround to open a full version website on a phone? Yes, there is. Keep reading to find out how it’s done in 2022.
Please bear in mind that using the full Facebook desktop site on a mobile phone will not be as productive as using it on a PC, but still, you will be able to use most of the Facebook desktop version feature on your mobile phone (If you have a high-end android / iOS phone).
- You will be able to chat from Facebook’s website.
- Depending on the mobile phone that you have, you will be able to use different applications.
- And much more…
Open Full Facebook Desktop Version Site On Mobile[2022 Update]
I do not see a clear idea behind trying to use the Facebook desktop site on a mobile phone, but different ways to open a Facebook full site have been mentioned below. Please try all of it until you find the method that works on your phone/ tablet.
After trying different browsers and tricks mentioned on forums and blogs (that were outdated and not working), I have finally found a way to use facebook’s desktop version on iPhone and Android phones.
1. Open Full Facebook Site With URL
There are two ways you can load a desktop version on your mobile phone.
The easiest way to do so is by directly entering the full facebook URL into your phone browser. This process applies to andriod or iPhones.
- Step 1: Open Safari browser and go to Facebook.com
- Step 2: Log in to your facebook account
- Step 3: Tap on the AA on the bottom left corner of the screen and tap “Request Desktop Website” and give it some time
- Step 4: This will load the desktop version that is mobile optimized
- Ste 5: Tap on the URL section and enter the URL “http://www.facebook.com/home.php”
It’s “http” not “https”. I know that is the old standard but this URL takes you to the full facebook desktop version site.
If you are looking for a full desktop-class browsing experience, please follow the below instructions to do so using Opera mini browser.
2. Load Facebook Web Version Site Using Opera Mini
The process to access the Facebook full site on android phones is exactly the same as the iPhones.
The difference with using OPera mini is that it gives you a UI that looks much similar to the Facebook’s PC version of the site.
- Find and open the “Play store”.
- Search for “Opera Browser” on the top search bar and download it.
- It should only take a couple of minutes to do so.
- Once the download is completed, open the browser.
- Tap on the “Facebook” icon on the homepage. If you cannot find it, simply type “www.facebook.com” on the top address bar.
- It takes you to the “m.facebook.com” page which is the mobile version of Facebook’s website.
- Now, tap on the top right corner settings icon. It looks like three dots.
- A sliding menu opens up, look for “Desktop site” and tap on the slider to enable it.
- Once enabled, the page reloads automatically.
- You should now see the Facebook desktop version login page.
- Log in with your credentials and voila! Enjoy using the full version desktop site on your android phone.
Video Guide On How To Do This
Did it work? Were you able to open the Facebook desktop version site, please let me know in the comments below?
If you are trying to use a third-party application to access the Facebook pc version on your phone or tablet, the chances of your account getting hacked are very high.
That’s the main reason I don’t recommend any kinds of these third-party applications in this tutorial. Also even though the application might be genuine, facebook can lock your account for misuse or grant access to these third-party applications that look suspicious.
If you also know other ways to load Facebook full site on a mobile phone, let us know.