Electronically Signing a PDF document using Adobe Acrobat is very easy and very productive once it’s setup. You do not even need a premium version of Adobe and can be done from the free version of Adobe Acrobat.
In this guid, I will show you how to electronically sign a PDF document using Adobe Acrobat free version.
Electronically Signing A PDF Document on Windows/MAC: Installing Acrobat
First, let’s go ahead and install the free Adobe Acrobat if you do not have it installed on your system already.
Downloading and Installing Adobe Acrobat
- Go to get.adobe.com/reader/
- On the download page, I would suggest you tick off some options that are already ticked on.
Optional offers and the Acrobat Reader Chrome Extension since I don’t use them that often
- Click on “Download Acrobat Reader”
- Once the download for the installer is completed, open the installer
- This will automatically download install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Electronically Signing a PDF Document in Adobe Acrobat
Now lets see how to setup a signature adn sign a PDf file suing Adobe acrobat reader.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader or alternatively open the PDF file that you would like to sign electronically
- Once the file has loaded, look on the right sidebar and you should see different tools and options available for the PDF file
- Find and click on “Fill & Sign”
- On the next window, click on “Fill and sign” under You
- Now, you can either click where you would like the signature to be placed or just click on the “Sign” icon on the toolbar and click on “Add Signature”
- You will now have three options to choose from
Type: you can simply type your name or whatever the document needs to be signed as
Draw: You can draw your signature, this works better if you have a touch screen and a pen. This will have your precise signature
Image: If you already have your signature is an image format, you can also add it
- For the purpose of this tutorial I am creating a new signature
- Click on “Draw”, you can use your mouse to draw your signature if you don’t have a touchscreen or a touchpad
- On the next window, draw your signature under the red “Sign” ribbon
- If you would like to reuse the signature to sign other documents, click on “save signature” and click on “Apply”
- Now, you can click on the place where you would like to place your signature
- Finally, save the PDF file wherever you would like to save it
So, that’s how you can sign a PDF document electronically using Adobe Acorbat for free.
Reusing the signature on other PDF
If you remember, we saved the signature that we created earlier. We can reuse the same signature to sign other PDF files in the future without needing to create a new one.
To do this:
- Open the PDF file that you would like to sign with the same signature file
- Click on “Fill & Sign”
- Now if you click on the “Sign” button, it will already have your previously saved signature loaded
- Just click wherever you would like the signature to be placed
Hope this article helped you in signing a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat.