Adobe Illustrator is graphic design software used to design various artwork and illustrations in Windows or Mac computers. Adobe Illustrator is famous worldwide, and it is also the priority of many web designers, graphics designers, visual artists, and professional illustrators.
Mastering adobe illustrator is not an easy task. There are many tools and functions in an illustrator that you have to learn to create good artwork. Learning how to use all those tools is a challenging task. It gets even more demanding if you are in a learning phase.
In this article, here are some common problems that you might encounter while using adobe illustrator and the solution that will help you get rid of those problems.
Adobe Illustrator Problems and their Solutions
There’s virtually nothing Adobe Illustrator can’t do when it comes to vector-editing. Yet you won’t be able to use the software to its full capacity if you’re not using it properly. There are a few errors you may have picked up, regardless of whether you’re an experienced user or a first-timer.
1.Adobe Illustrator not Responding
It always gets frustrating when you see adobe illustrator not responding to message on your screen. A defective Adobe Illustrator edition, a bad font database, or a poor preference file are the possible causes. If you don’t solve these issues, you won’t be able to use this software smoothly. There might be a possibility of losing some of your important files because of this error.
If you are looking for some solution, then the following are some of the ways you can try:
- Try to end adobe illustrator completely. For that, close your Illustrator and then terminate the remaining process from the taskbar task manager.
- Uninstall the adobe illustrator and then again reinstall it
- Restart your PC
- Try updating your windows
2.Adobe Black Screen Issue
Sometimes while creating a new project in Illustrator, you might get a black screen issue. This error may occur because of various reasons. If you are also getting such an error, don’t worry as it is straightforward to get rid of this error.
Here are the steps that you can use to get back your regular Illustrator.
- Go to the top bar menu
- Select Edit option
- Scroll down and tap on Preferences
- Then click on General
- In General, tick the Use Legacy ‘File New’ interface, and it will solve your problem
3.Too many Anchors
Without needing to use a compass and stencil, Illustrator makes it smoother. It is easier to create sharp lines and careful edges, but it is possible to be sucked into using so many anchor points. For beginners, it gets even messier to use an anchor point.
If you want to get rid of this problem, you can use a simple configuration in your Illustrator.
- Go to the menu in the top bar
- Tap on Object
- Tap on Path
- Then click on Simplify and then select the number of points that you want
4.File Could Not be Read
Many users complained that because of an error, Adobe Illustrator said it could not read their files. Usually, when users try to place a file in Illustrator, this happens. However, there are some methods that you can use to get rid of this error.
- If you are using an older version of Illustrator, then upgrading your Illustrator may solve your problem
- Sometimes Illustrator cannot open specific JPG files, so if this is the case, you can first resave those files by using different programs like MS Paint or Photoshop. Then you can try opening it from Illustrator
- Similarly, you can also save using different file formats like Tiff in Photoshop or Paint. Then try to open it from Illustrator
5.UI Panel Scaling Problem
The documented problem in Illustrator CC2019 persists in Illustrator CC2020 as well. It means that when first installed/launched or the screen DPI setting on the Windows version is changed, the Astute Graphics panels do not scale correctly on specific platforms. So, how to solve this problem?
You can follow the following steps to solve this problem.
- Open your Illustrator
- Tap on Edit
- Select Preferences
- Click on the User interface
- There you can change the UI scaling
- After changing, click on ok
- Restart your Illustrator
The above discussed are some of the problems that you might encounter while using adobe illustrator. If you have any queries regarding this article, then let us know in the comment section.
Other Adobe Articles