Samsung Galaxy buds are not the best wireless earbuds out there. For sure this has improved with the upgrade Buds plus, but I personally do not have a good experience with them. I do frequently use it with my PC too. In this article, I’ll guide you on how to connect Galaxy Buds to Laptop via Bluetooth.
In a nutshell, to connect galaxy buds to your laptop all you need to do is go to Bluetooth settings > Add a new Device > Pair your galaxy buds to the laptop. You need to make sure that the galaxy buds are in pair before you start the pairing process on the laptop. Read along for the details on how to connect galaxy buds to laptop below.
The first thing I noticed with my Galaxy Buds is the volume was too low. Especially if I was using it outside, I could barely listen to the music playing. I even had issues with the microphone in the buds, which seems to have been fixed by the software updates and I fixed the low volume issue by using bigger ear tips.
How To Connect Galaxy Buds To Laptop PC
So let me guide you on how to connect Samsung earbuds to laptop. All you need to make sure before you go ahead is that your PC / Laptop must have Bluetooth. This is because the galaxy buds connect via Bluetooth.
Connect Galaxy Buds To PC On Windows 10
1. Let’s get started.
Put your earbuds back in the case and turn off Bluetooth on any devices that are around the case and were paired/connected to the earbuds. This is very important as if you don’t turn off Bluetooth on other devices that the earbuds were previously connected to, windows 10 won’t detect your buds. It’s weird I know, but yeah that’s Windows 10 for ya :D!
2. On your Windows laptop, at the bottom of your screen, you should see a “Type here to search“. Click on it and type “Bluetooth“
3. The first option that should come up is “Bluetooth and other devices settings“, click on it
4. It takes you to the “Bluetooth & other devices” settings page
5. Now open the cover of the Galaxy earbuds case with the buds inside them. This puts the buds into pairing mode automatically. If you have any previously paired devices around when you open the cover, Galaxy buds will automatically try to reconnect to those devices.
6. Click on “Add Bluetooth or other devices“.
7. In the next window, select “Bluetooth“.
8. It will now start looking for any Bluetooth devices around your laptop ready to be paired.
9. Once you see your Samsung Galaxy buds listed, simply click on it to start the pairing process.
10. Give it a few seconds to add the galaxy buds to your system and connect to it.
11. Once the pairing process has been completed, you will receive a “Your device is ready to go!” message. You can also see that it says that the Galaxy Buds is connected for voice and music.
12. Enjoy your Galaxy buds with your laptop.
It is that simple to connect Galaxy Buds to PC running Windows 10.
Sometimes you might need to uninstall programs on Windows 10 that are creating issues while connecting to a new Bluetooth device. Just some tips if you need to troubleshoot issues later on.
Watch A Video Instead
2. How To Connect Samsung Earbuds To Laptop: macOS
1. Open the Galaxy Buds case while the earbuds are still inside the case
2. Click on the Bluetooth icon on the top of the screen and see if it lists the “Galaxy Buds”
3. If the Galaxy Buds is listed, click on it and it should connect your Galaxy Buds and start playing audio from the earbuds
4. If you do not see the Bluetooth icon on the top of the taskbar, click on the settings icon on the Dock
5. Open Bluetooth
6. Now open the Galaxy Buds case and let the system pick up Galaxy Buds
7. After few seconds, it should list the Galaxy Buds
8. Finish the pairing and it should be good to go.
3. Why Won’t My Galaxy Buds Connect To My Laptop?: FAQ
I am going to try and imagine some of the scenarios that might create issues while you try to connect the galaxy buds to your laptop. Personally, I face lots of issues with windows and the Bluetooth driver. If your buds won’t connect to the laptop, try uninstalling the Bluetooth driver from your windows laptop.
3.1 My PC does not have a Bluetooth device
If your system does not have a Bluetooth adapter, you can purchase a USB dongle for very cheap and get the Galaxy buds connected to your PC. You can just use the one below, this will get the job done for you.
3.2 My Galaxy Buds is Not Showing Up On PC Windows 10
There can be numerous reasons why Galaxy Buds are not showing up on PC. You can try searching for “Services”, restart the Bluetooth services by right-clicking on them. Finally, restarting the system might eliminate this issue.
3.2. Galaxy Buds Not Showing Up When Trying To Connect To PC
This can be a very common issue that lots of us including me face. First windows 10 is not very robust with its Bluetooth capability. It’s not very reliable, one day all the devices work fine, and someday you might have to remove the device completely and repair it again to get it working.
Either way, if you are facing this issue I would suggest you do the following.
- Make sure your Galaxy buds are properly charged
- Put them in the case and connect the charger, leave it for 10 – 15 mins ( With the cover closed)
- Turn the Bluetooth on your PC ON and OFF a couple of times and restart your system
- Once the computer has restarted, go to add the Bluetooth device, and only when you click on “Bluetooth” open the lid of the galaxy buds casing
- Your galaxy buds should be listed now and you should be able to connect them to your pc
Hope this answered your question on how to connect Galaxy Buds to laptop PC.
Still, facing issues ton connect Samsung earbuds to laptop?
Leave a comment with the issue that you are facing and I will get back to you.