Are you looking to download a Windows 10 ISO file and cannot find Windows 10 iso download links?
Well, it was very easy to download the Windows 7 ISO files from Microsoft before. Windows 10 iso files were also readily available for all the users on Microsoft’s website until recently.
You can use these windows 10 iso files to run them in VM, or create a Windows 10 bootable USB. Whichever the case may be, make sure you have a genuine license purchased from Microsoft before going ahead and downloading the Windows 10 iso files.
If you are just looking to try the OS first, you will be able to do so for the first 30 days. After that, your operating system will not perform to its best until you enter the product key.
Windows 10 ISO Download – Mac or Windows
Depending on the operating system you are trying to download the ISO file from, the steps involved might be different.
First, I’ll go through downloading Windows 10 iso file from Mac and then Windows.
How To Download Windows 10 ISO Image Directly Using MAC
- Downloading the Windows 10 iso image using MAC OS is quite easy.
- Open the safari browser and head over to the following URL
- Under the Select Edition – Select “Windows 10” and click on confirm
- Select the product language as your preferred language and click “confirm”
- On the next page, select the version of Windows you would like to download. Either 32-bit or 64-bit
- If it prompts you to confirm to allow downloads on “Microsoft.com”? Click on Allow.
The ISO file download will now start and you can see the download status from the dock.
After the downloading has completed, you will find the Windows 10 iso file in your download folder.
Getting The ISO File Using Windows PC/Laptop
If you would like to use the Windows media creation tool to download the bootable ISO file and create windows 10 bootable USB/DVD, you will find those instructions later in this article.
Downloading Windows 10 ISO file directly From Microsoft without using the media creation tool
Using Google Chrome Browser
- Start the google chrome browser and open a new tab.
- Hit the “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “I” together which will bring up the developer tools window on the side of the tab
- Click on the three dots right in between the close and the settings icon
- Go to More tools > Network Conditions
- Under a new tab that opens towards the bottom of the screen, find the “User agent”
- It is always set to “Select automatically”. Uncheck that and select “Chrome – Mac” – it can be any other agent except windows
- On the same tab, now go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISO
- Now you will see the direct ISO download page
- Under the Select edition, select Windows 10 and click on Confirm
- Select the language you would like to download the Windows 10 ISO in
- Click “Confirm”
- On the next page, select with architecture windows you would like to download, either 32-bit or 64-bit
The ISO will start to download and can be monitored from the download bar on the bottom of the screen. If you use a different download manager, you might see a prompt to download the file from the download manager.
Using Mozilla Firefox
- If you use Mozilla Firefox, we are doing the same thing as on chrome. The only difference is the placement of setting on Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and open a new tab
- Hit the “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “C” keys on your keyboard
- This opens the developer tools for Mozilla Firefox. Now hit the “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “M” keys, this takes you to the Responsive Design mode.
- Select iPad from the list on the top
- Now go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISO
- Select the edition, which is usually Windows 10 – Click on confirm.
- Now select the product language and click on Confirm.
- If you are not familiar with the architecture you need, it’s safe to use 64 bit as most of the systems these days support 64-bit operating systems.
- Once you click on the version of windows you would like to download, windows 10 iso download will start
Microsoft had direct links to its Windows operating system ISO files on their website for everyone to download.
If you are using a windows PC, this is not the case anymore.
You must use the Windows 10 media creation tool to download and create a bootable Windows 10 USB. I also show how to download Windows 10 iso file without using the media creation tool.
Let’s see how you can use the Windows media creation tool to download the ISO file.
Creating a Windows 10 Bootable USB using media creation tool
- Find the “Create Windows 10 installation media” section and click on the “Download tool now” button
- Open the tool once the download has been completed, open the tool
- Accept the terms and conditions
- On the screen that says, “What do you want to do?” – Click on “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC – click on Next
- Uncheck the “use the recommended options for this PC” if you would like to change the current settings. If the setting looks okay, Click on Next.
- Select “ISO file” and click on Next
- Choose a folder where you would like the ISO file to be downloaded to – Click on Save
- It will go ahead and download the ISO file now.
- Once the download is completed, you will see the following screen
- Go to the folder that you selected earlier and you will find the ISO file there.
Hope this article helps you to get the Windows 10 ISO file to carry out some maintenance on your PC.
Other Windows 10 Articles: