Outlook is one of the most widely used Office 365 applications. The main reason is very obvious, emails are the backbone for converstaions in an organisation or most of our daily lifes. In this article I’ll guide you on how to recreate outlook profile in windows 10.
Outlook does have a learning curve, and especially if you are coming from the web version of outlook or any other email service it is guaranteed that you will be overwhelmed by the number of features and capabilities that Outlook application has to offer.
For whatever reasons, sometimes your Outlook profile might be corrupt or the outlook application might be facing difficulties loading your outlook profile.
You can easily recrete outlook profile, but before you do that I would suggest you open outlook in safemode and see if loads your outlook profile.
To open Outlook in safe mode:
- Go to Start and search for Run, alternatively hit the “Windows” + “R” key together and this will bring up the run
- Type “outlook /safe”
- Give it a few seconds and if your outlook opens and loads your profile, leave your outlook application open for few minutes and open Outlook normally
- See if this has solved your corrupt outlook profile issue
How to recreate outlook profile in windows 10 / MAC
- Close down Outlook application if it is running at all
- Go to control panel, go to Start, search for “control”
- Under Category, Select either “Large icons” or “Small icons”
- Find the “Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) (32-bit) and click on it, this will open a pop up window
- Under profiles, click on “Show Profiles”
Now you have two options, you can either :
Delete the old profile completely and create a new one: This will wipe out all the downloaded cached emails and your outlook data. (Not recommended)
Create a new profile and leave the old one as it is: This will just allow outlook to try and load the new profile, this means if you still have issues after recreating the profile and you think it’s not a profile issue. You can always get your old outlook profile back and have the exact data and settings you always had. (Super recommended)
- Click on “Add” and give it a profile name
- Enter your email login details in the next window
- Once everything is done, click on finish
- You will see two profiles and there are two options for you to choose
- Since you are recreating the outlook profile, select “Always use the profile” and select the newly created Outlook profile from the drop-down menu
- Click on OK and restart outlook
- This should open with your new outlook profile and start to download all your emails again
That’s how to recreate outlook profile in windows 10 including mac OS.
If you have other issues, please leave a comment and we can try solve it together.