After installing Mac OS X Mojave on a virtual machine, straight away you will notice that you are not able to get a full resolution for Mac OS inside the virtual machine. Even though you toggle the VM to full screen.
One will also notice a drastic lag in the performance of the overall Mac OS inside the virtual machine.
Though the reasons for this lag, and a bit slower system can be a low configuration system on itself. But despite having a high-end configuration, if you are facing these kinds of issues you can look into the below-mentioned measures to actually solve them.
Some of the issues solved by this fix:
- You can use MAC OS X Mojave in full resolution in VMware / virtual machine.
- Display lags are fixed.
- Overall faster-performing system
How To Speed Up Mac OS X Mojave In Vmware/Virtualbox
First : Beamoff
2020 Update: Unfortunately, Beamoff does not seem to work on mac os mojave. But the new edition of VMware tools seem to solve this issue for most of the users.
Beamoff is a free script developed by the Hackintosh community and experts that fix internal issues with the system. This eventually results in a much smoother performing system and application on MAC OS.
- Download Beamoff.
- Extract it to the Mac OS’s home screen.
- Go to system preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from :
- You should not be able to alter the selections yet.
- Click on the yellow lock on the bottom left of the screen, and then enter your password.
- Alter the settings to “Anywhere”.
- Click on the lock again to lock it.
- You should see the much-improved performance of the system.
Second : Vmware Tools
Remember the unlocker we used while installing Mac OS X on our virtual machine, we will need that unlocker again.
The link to download the unlocker : https://bit.ly/2Xk9REr
- Shutdown your virtual machine.
- Edit virtual machine settings and open up CD/DVD(SATA).
- Under “Connection” select “Use ISO image file.
- Click on “Browse” and navigate to the “UNLOCKER FOLDER/tools/ Darwin.iso
- Select the Darwin.iso file.
- Now power on the virtual machine.
- You should straight away see the installation screen for VMware tools.
- Double click on “Install VMware Tools” and click on “Continue”
- Install > Continue Installation and enter your login password
- Once the installation has completed, click on the restart to restart the system
- You might be prompted to open the security preferences to allow the VMware tools, do that
- Now your system will be less laggy and the Mojave will run on fullscreen
- To confirm the tools are installed, click on the “apple” icon on the top left corner of the screen and ” About this mac”
- You should see that the graphics is 128 MB and not just 3 MB
It’s plain and simple to get the tools installed. After you’ve installed the tools, just make sure you restart your system.
So that’s how you can optimize mac os Mojave ‘s performance in vmware workstation player and run mac os in full screen mode.
Noticed any differences with your system yet?? Let us know!!!