YouTube released YouTube Red, its answer to all the users complaining about lots of features that they would love to see in the service. If you are still living under the rock, we’ve published an article on that before. Read about YouTube Red’s features here.
Among all the features that come with YouTube Red, the ability to minimize the YouTube app and still continue to listen the audio is what all the users are going bonkers over. For sure YouTube Red does come with a price tag. YouTube red will set you back $11.99 a month in Australia as I write this article and for all those doubters out there, you can also sign up for a free trial period. Just make sure you cancel before the trial period ends, just so that you do not pay for anything if you do not wish to continue using the service.
There used to be a neat trick that allows android users to minimize the YouTube app and play the audio in background. Read the tutorial to do that here. (If you are an iPhone or iOS user, i’ve got you guys covered too)But, since last month it seems like YouTube has fixed the loop and the trick does not work.
After doing some research I came across an article that mentioned about a plugin for the browser that still allowed the users to minimize the YouTube App. Let me guide you through how its done.
Mozilla Firefox YouTube Minimize Fix
Please bare in mind that this trick only works on Mozilla Firefox. So, please download and install Mozilla Firefox for free from the app store first.
Assuming that you’ve got Mozilla Firefox installed and all fired up, lets continue with the tutorial.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and got to this URL. Click here.( At this stage, you will wish that you should have read this article on your phone)
- This page will open in polish , but there is no need to panic.
- All you need to do is slide that button green and hit “Ok”.
- That’s all you need to do.
- Restart Firefox and open your favorite YouTube video.(Does not have to be favorite.)
- When the video starts to play and you can listen to the audio, press the home button.
- If everything goes right, you should still be able to listen to the audio.
Did that work? We would encourage all our readers to subscribe to YouTube red. This helps the platform to keep up the good work and support the content creators to continue the good work.
Until Next Time Guys! Hope This Helps!!