Do you have an embarrassing YouTube name and looking in to how to change Your YouTube name or username? I am here to help.
YouTube used to let you change the name as many times as you liked. You can still change it as many times you want, but there are certain guidelines you need to follow. The major being you need to change your YouTube name on Google + and not on YouTube itself.
First you must have a YouTube channel and the channel name will be your name on YouTube. If you do not create a YouTube channel, you will not be able to do the most on YouTube. For example, you will not be able to comment on a video.
Read: Tips To Make YouTube Buffer Faster
You will still be able to browse YouTube, watch your favorite YouTuber and subscribe to new ones that you find. If you want to change YouTube name and you do not know if you have a channel or not, follow along this tutorial.
How To Change Your YouTube Name Username
Let’s see how you change YouTube Name/Username
- When you are on YouTube (Regardless which page), click on your profile image located on top right corner of your screen. This should bring down a option panel as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on the small gear icon which takes you to the settings page.
- On this page, you will see if you have created a channel for yourself or not.
- If it asks you to create a channel first, just go ahead and put your desired YouTube Name and you should be good.
- In case you already have a channel, click on “Edit on Google”.
- This will now take you to the Google+ account page and straight pops up the Account name change dialogue box.
- Just key in the new YouTube Name/Username and Click on “OK”.
- Give it a few minutes or hours, depending on the situation.
- Your new YouTube username should now be in effect.
There might be some issues that I would like to discuss further when you try to change change Your YouTube Name /Username.
What do you do if you just want a single word YouTube Username On YouTube?
If you want to use a single word YouTube Name or Username, follow the instruction below.
- Go to YouTube settings by clicking the gear icon.
- This time, click on “Advanced”.
- Under Account Information, click on “Move Channel to Brand Account”.
- Now sign in to you Google account and select a brand channel with a single word
- Go to “Edit on Google+”
- Under first name, enter the one word YouTube name that you want to use and leave the “last name” empty.
- Save it and you should be all good to go.
There you have it. That’s how to change Your YouTube Name or username.
Let me know the outcome in the comments below and do not forget to subscribe for more tutorial and other YouTube help.