Facebook desktop site can do lots sorts of things that or the mobile application cannot yet perform. Facebook full site can only be accessed from a desktop browser or a tablet. But what if one wants to open Facebook desktop site from a mobile phone browser. Is there any work around to open Facebook full site on a mobile phone browser? Yes, there is. Keep reading to find out how it’s done.
Please bear in mind that using Facebook’s full desktop site on a mobile phone will not be as productive as to using it on a PC, but still you will be able to use most of the Facebook desktop version’s feature on your mobile phone (If you have a high-end android / iOS phone).
- You will be able to chat from the Facebook’s website.
- Depending on the mobile phone that you have, you will be able to use different applications.
- And much more…
Open Facebook Full Site Desktop On Mobile
I do not see a clear idea behind trying to use Facebook desktop site on a mobile phone, but different ways to open a Facebook full site have been mentioned in below. Please try all of it until you find the method that works on your phone/ tablet.
Facebook’s Default Options
I have myself used this option in the past but it seems to have been removed by Facebook. If you are one of those lucky users, you should see this option.
- Open Facebook on your mobile phone browser.
- Tap on the settings tab on the top right of your Facebook page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see if you see a “Desktop Site”.
- Tap on that option, give it some time and you should be able to see a Facebook’s desktop site.
Requesting Facebook Desktop Site
All of the modern browsers these days have this options. What we will do is we will open up a website and then we will request for a desktop version of the website. Regardless of which browser you are using be it, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome or even your default mobile phone browser, you should have this option.
- Open your browser (we recommend Google Chrome) or even Firefox will do.
- Regardless where you land, open up a new tab.
- Tap on three dots on top right corner (Google Chrome & Mozilla).
- This will pull down the settings for the browser.
- If you go through all the settings provided, you should see a option that reads “Request a desktop site”.
- Tap on that and the tab will automatically refresh.
- After the refresh has been completed, open up “facebook.com”. Don’t type in Facebook.com as this will automatically redirect to the mobile version of Facebook’s desktop instead of Facebook desktop site.
- You should now be taken to Facebook’s desktop site.
For safari users:
- If you are using safari browser to carry on this operation, you will have to tap on the share button to bring up the options and then select the “Request Desktop Site” to load Facebook desktop version.
Using Facebook Full Site URL
This trick is pretty straight forward and must work for most of the users. We will be forcing our browsers to load the facebook desktop site URL instead the mobile/touch version on our phones.
- Enter the URL as it is on the browser facebook.com/home.php.
- Press enter and you will be taken to Facebook full site.
Fb 2 Desktop app
I also found an android application that opens Facebook full site. You can download it for free from the app store. You also have an option to load either Facebook, YouTube or Twitter from within the application.
Try it all
Well what if nothing really worked, or it did but you were reverted back to where you started. Next step will be to try everything at the same time. What I mean by that is, request a desktop site and enter the URL and go.
Did it work? Were you able to open Facebook desktop site, please let me know in the comments below. If you also know other ways to load Facebook full site on a mobile phone, lets us know.