Ad Blocker Detected!!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker Or Adding Us To Your Whitelist. Thank You!
Facebook collects a lot of data from its users. It knows a lot of our personal details and stuff we would not normally share publicly. Sometimes, things we put on the internet can come back to us in much unexpected way.
With the ever changing Facebook privacy settings and options, if we are do not keep up with all these settings, our personal information might be at stake.
Today we will learn how to delete Facebook profile picture, or how to get default Facebook profile picture back.
You might not know that these days the Facebook profile picture are by default set to public. So, that means anyone who get your profile’s URL can easily see your profile picture. They might even download the image and misuse it. To prevent this from happening, you can either:
- Change your profile picture’s privacy settings
- Delete your Facebook profile picture / Revert to original Facebook profile picture.
We will discuss Facebook’s profile picture privacy settings on other posts, for now let’s see how you can delete your current Facebook profile photo.
Follow the guidelines and let me know if you come across any issues:
From a PC / Desktop
- Log in into your Facebook account.
- Go to your profile page from anywhere of the screen.
- Hover over your current Facebook profile picture and click on it.
Note: Just make sure that you do not click on “Update Profile Picture”.
Click on the current Facebook Profile Picture.
- The picture should load in a carousel now.
- Hover at the bottom right of the photo and click on options.
- You should be able to see a “delete” option.
- Click on delete and agree to any prompts.
- Your Facebook profile picture should now be deleted and reverted to the default Facebook profile picture.
From an Android / iOS Facebook Application
- Open the Facebook mobile application.
- Go to your profile tab.
- You should see your current Facebook profile photo just below the cover photo.
- Tap on the profile picture and select “view profile photo”.
- After the photo is loaded, load the photo options from the top right corner of the photo.
- Find the “Delete Photo” option and delete the photo.
- Agree to any prompts for the confirmation of the deletion.
The Facebook profile picture is now deleted.
So, that’s how to delete Facebook profile picture and revert back to default grey Facebook profile picture.