Are you trying to open Facebook desktop site on a mobile device/browser and cannot get the browser to do it? First question would be, why are you trying to do so? and second one would be how do you actually do it.
There are a bunch of different ways to actually do so, but each and every method is not guaranteed to work on all the mobile phones and the browser. I will be guiding you through all the steps so bare with me and try out which on works for you. You can also watch this video instead.
Use Facebook Desktop Site On A Mobile Phone
Method 1: Facebook Options
Whether you are logged into facebook via a browser, it should be a button on the top right (updated app) or top left corner. This should bring up the faacebook options and if you scroll to the bottom of it, you should see an option that reads “Desktop Site”. Tap on that option and let the browser load up the facebook mobile full site for you.
(Sorry But This Options Seems To Have Been Removed By facebook)
Method 2: Browser Settings
Regardless of what kind of browser you have, you should be able to request a desktop version of the webpage that you have opened up on the browser.
This should be the same case for Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or even your default browser.
- Open Facebook.com and login into your account.
- After the homepage is loaded, open the options of the browser. I put that in quotes just in case you donot get confused with Facebook settings and browser settings.
- On the settings page, tap on “Request Desktop Site”.
- Let it load and you should see a Facebook Full desktop site on your mobile browser.
- You can now chat and use all the features facebook’s desktop version has.
If you are using Safari browser on your iPhone or iOs device, to request the desktop site do as following.
- Open Facebook.com.
- Tap the share button and this should bring up a new window, select “Request A Desktop Site” from the options and Full Desktop Version Facebook site should load on your iPhone, iPad or ios device.
Note: Older phones might not have this option on their browser. Is your phone from 90’s?? Keep reading if Yes!!
Method 3: Facebook Desktop Site URL
Final method, that is also widely trusted way to get to Facebook Desktop Site would be typing in the actual facebook’s desktop URL on the browser.
Tap the browser’s URL section and enter www.facebook.com/home.php” and press GO or enter.
- Open Facebook on your mobile browser as you normally would.
- After you’ve logged in into your account, go to the URL section and enter “www.facebook.com/home.php” and tap go.
- You should now be presented with Full desktop site.
Keep your fingers crossed and you should be able to get to the desktop version.
Method 4: Everything
Ok, so if none of the above mentioned methods work on their own, try the combinations and give it another shot. It’s much easier if you have a new phone.
What you can do is:
Enter the actual URL and if you still get the mobile version, Request the desktop version on that.
Well, I still do not get the point of opening a Facebook desktop site on a Mobile device, but if you really want to, I hope this tutorial helps.