Ad Blocker Detected!!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker Or Adding Us To Your Whitelist. Thank You!
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I Vodafone, Telstra and Optus users can finally get their hands on the most recent official android OS (before Android M) android 5.0 lollipop. Though most of the users worldwide have already got the update on their Samsung galaxy s5, the major carriers of Australia started to roll out the update for all the Samsung galaxy s5 users from 1st June.
So, if you are on Vodafone, Optus or Telstra’s network you should be now getting a prompt to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the most latest OS update i.e Android 5.0 lollipop.
All the carriers updated their online section for “Regular Device Firmware” Updates and stated that the users will be notified of the update and should be able to update to the recent OS from 1st June.
Ok, so lets get started on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I to android 5.0 Lollipop. If you are familiar with the update process and have setup, automatic checking for android updates, you should already get a notification that the recent OS is available to download and install on your Phone.
If not, just bare with me and follow the steps mentioned below.
Updating Your OS via The Phone
To update your phone straight away from the phone itself:
- Go to settings from the menu.
- Find the menu section “General”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on “About device”.
- Select “Software Updates”.
- You should see three different options, just select “Update Now”.
(Do not forget to connect to a Wi-Fi network before you get into this tutorial, because the update size is about 904.42MB and will eat your data package if downloaded via 3g or 4g data. )
- After you select update now, you should see a prompt that the update is available for your phone.
- Select update and the download process should start.
- After the download has been completed, you will be prompted to install the update.
- Just press “Install”. After this the automated update process shall start and your phone will restart after the installation is done.
- Before starting the phone, it will optimize the apps and also all the necessary applications.