Ad Blocker Detected!!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker Or Adding Us To Your Whitelist. Thank You!
Blogger Vs WordPress
I was introduced to blogging about 4 years ago. I was stumbling around the internet to find some reliable sources to make some decent money online. That’s when I came to know about blogging and the potential of blogging. Though teaching myself everything from the scratch, trying and failing in different things and expecting the best to happen and getting nothing was a little bit of pain.
When you start blogging there are bunch of different things you are introduced to including domain, hosting, themes content etc etc. But lets stick to the main debate here i.e blogger vs wordpress.
Everything about Blogger
I started my blogging career with blogger. Blogger is a free blogging platform provided by Google. If you have not registered a domain and donot have any investment whatsoever to for blogging, Blogger is the best way to kick start your blogging career. There are thousands of free blogging platforms out there but trust me blogger is the best.
So, when I started my blogging career with blogger, I did not have a domain name, I did not have any hosting all I had was passion create content that helps other. So, I got a free .blogspot.com domain on blogger and started blogging. All you need to start blogging with blogger is a Google account and some basics of html editing.
Ok, so lets break it down and see some of the best aspects of blogger and some downsides as well.
Best Aspects Of Blogger
- Blogger is free, for any new user who want to get into blogging blogger provides all the tools and facilities a new blogger needs.
- You do not have to a highly skilled web designer or programmer to setup and get your blog running. But some basics html editing skills are necessary to put things in to right place in your blog.
- Blogger hosts the blog for you so you do not have to worry about the hosting services. And I have hardly seen any website on blogger gone down because of server crash down. Its most probably because its a service provided by Google.
- You can find thousands and thousands of themes and templates online for your website and easily apply them on your blog.
- After sometime if you want to get more professional and want to get a .com domain name but not buy hosting, you can easily direct your current .blogspot.com to your new .com domain for free and easily.
- Blogger is highly optimized and with right set of skills and dedication you can get good results.
Down Sides Of Blogger
- Blogger does not provide deep level of customization for your blog.
- You cannot edit internal files and directories so enhanced optimization of your blog is not possible.
- There is a risk of your blog getting deleted unnoticed and loose all you hardwork, as this has happened to lots of users in the past.
Everything about WordPress
WordPress on the other side is much more advanced and highly sophisticated content management system that needs a hosting server and also a bit more advanced set of skills to properly mange and run your website.
WordPress is like creating a brand new website from scratch , like buying domain name, buying hosting, setting the redirection, but the only thing is that your website will be built on the CMS WordPress and customization and editing your websites will become much more easier with thousands and thousands of plugins developed every day to perform user specified tasks.
Best Aspects Of WordPress
- WordPress provides high level of customization of your website and lets you control and customize each and every aspect on your website easily with the use of plugins and drop down tools.
- You have access to all the internal files and folders that you would like to customize and keep in control.
- Its hosted on your own owned hosting so you are protected from the fear of loosing your site without any notice.
- WordPress gives your site a boost in the search results, and bunch of different plugins help your protect your site and troubleshoot the problems you face.
Down Sides Of WordPress
- Personally speaking there are not much downsides I could find on basic level. But some of the things that might be a problem are.
- Its not free and you have to spend some cash to setup your self hosted website.
- You will need high level skills related to servers, PHP, html for running your website smoothly.
- There is high risks of your website being compromised if you do not have enough WordPress security knowledge.
Summarizing Blogger Vs WordPress
Well, it definitely is a never ending discussion and no one can cut down the answer to one. See it depends what are your expectations from a blogging platform or blogging itself. If you are a newbie and want to learn everything from scratch, I will recommend you to get started with blogger and then later migrate to WordPress as the migration is also really easy.
But if you say No, and you are willing to invest some money and learn as you go. Then there is nothing wrong in starting with your professional self hosted blog. Indeed its good that you start with wordpress because you can never rely on just blogger.com for all of your blogging career as you will need high level of customization to improve your site’s look, improve user experience and lots of other reasons.
Finally, all I can say on the debate between Blogger Vs WordPress is :
- Blogger.com is for newbies who want to explore their passion about something and donot worry too much about building a career or a passive income out of it.
- WordPress on the other hand is for advanced user who is really serious about each and every aspect about the blog or the website.