Ad Blocker Detected!!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker Or Adding Us To Your Whitelist. Thank You!
USB Device Not Recognized Windows 7/8 Solutions
1. Best Method(Acc. To Many User Experiences)
- All you need to do is plug off your PC from the direct power supply. In case of desktops plug off the main power supply and in case of laptops disconnect the battery.
- Keep it plugged of for 10-15 mins and reconnect it.
- If you are lucky enough, your USB Devices should be working fine.
See, these types of errors solely are not the result of any faults in your PC but also different factors like your USB cable, device itself, faulty drivers. There is no any universal method to solve this issue.
2. Basic Solutions:
- System Restore: You can try restore your PC to earlier stage using the windows system restore tool. This can bring or recover your settings that worked and so your USB ports. This has been helpful for many users so give it a try.
- Restoring Registry: Most of us never create a backup of our registry but if you do, just restore that and see if it works.
- Re-installing drivers: Just remove the drivers or ports from the device manager and re-install all the drivers, if possible download the latest version from their respective download servers.
- Check Your USB Ports and your devices: Just check your ports if they are working fine. Insert another USB device and see if it works, because there might be an issue with your device itself.
- USB 3.0: Some devices need higher power that USB 2.0 cannot provide. Such device should be connected to USB 3.0 ports and should work fine then.