Kik’s easy to use interface and quick registration process that does not require you to enter your phone number has been able to grab 80 million users for itself. Kik allows its user to share voice and text messages with each other including, photos and other medias and we have already posted a tutorial to download kik messenger on PC do check it out.
Still, if you are not much into using Kik as your everyday social messenger, you can delete kik account easily. It as easy to delete the account as it was to create it at first place. So, here’s a quick tutorial on how to delete kik account permanently.
Update 26/09/2015 : A lot of our users have complained that Kik takes a lot of space on their phone. First thing you are only allowed to deactivate the Kik account you have and that is nearly similar to deleting your Kik account for good, and for all the space that it is taking up on your phone, you should delete the cache of the KIK app from your phone and then delete the Kik app. Either you can download an app like Ccleaner on android and clear the unused junk files and that will definitely free up some space from the phone.
Updated on 29/02/2017:
Kik does not permanently delete your account. What you can actually do is deactivate the account and this will get you off the Kik(temporarily). This means that if you decide to log back into the account, you can do so with the previous log in credentials. And this will actually reactivate your Kik account.
If you want to use the same email address that you are using on the account that you’ve decided to delete or not use anymore, we have some suggestions that are best to go for.
- Go to the account settings and change the email address to any email that you do not use at all.
- After that remove all the friends, all your information, photos and any piece of information that is even remotely associated to you.
- Now deactivate you Kik Account permanently by following the procedures explained in the post below.
- Then if you decide to use the email address once again, sign up for a new account with the email address.
How To Delete Kik Account Permanently : 2017
But before your permanently delete or deactivate your Kik account, you have to bear certain facts in mind :
- Your account will be removed permanently, that means all you friends, conversation all will be lost.
- You cannot register another account with the same username that your deactivated.
Deleting Your Kik Messenger Account: 4 Easy Steps
So, now that you really want to delete your kik messenger account permanently, lets do it
Deleting The Account From a PC
To delete a kik account from your PC, do as mentioned below :
- Go to : ws.kik.com/deactivate
- Enter your Kik’s email address in the required field and press the big green “Go” button.
- You shall now receive a mail regarding the deactivation process in your email account.
- Follow as mentioned in the email and your kik’s account shall be permanently deactivate from kik.
(Note: Remember permanent deactivation and permanent deletion are quite similar in case of KIK.)
Deleting The Account From a Phone
To delete your Kik messenger account from your phone, do as mentioned below :
- Open the app on your phone and tap on settings.
- Select “Account”.
- Tap “Reset kik Messenger”.
- Enter the email address you initially used to register Kik.
- You shall now receive further information regarding the deactivation process on your email inbox.
So, this is how to delete Kik account permanently. Share it with your friends searching for the tutorial. Take Care!!